VO City Bike Brake Levers are available in both MTB (22.2mm) and road bar
(23.8mm) sizes. This style came on a used Nishiki Mixty I have and they
have really long levers so I'm not sure they would be that great on M bars
which has a pretty short grip area.

The other option as mentioned is cross levers which have really short
levers, but generally don't take up much bar space.

-Dave