Interesting; I had seen pictures of that bike in the Sea Otter coverage but
hadn't put it together until just now that they were using the wheels in
essentially a 29er (with 29er fork).  In many ways, a similar intention to
650b road bike conversions, taking mass produced racy bike frames and
giving them increased tire clearance through smaller wheels.  IMHO, a much
more legitimate purpose for 650b mountain bike wheels than the marketing
claims that 650b is somehow the "ideal" wheel size to lure people off their
existing 26 or 29 rigs.  I've been playing around with a cheap-ish hardtail
29er (Raleigh Talus 29 Comp) for the past few months, my first "real"
mountain bike.  It comes stock with 29x2" tires, and doesn't have a whole
lot of clearance for fatter--I could probably fit a 2.2, but not a 2.4.
I've been thinking that something like a Krampus or ECR, with increased air
volume and traction, might suit my riding style and tastes, but maybe a
first stop would be a 650b conversion on my current bike.  I've been
wanting to build a better set of wheels for it anyways.  The Trailblazer
looks like a cool tire, too.