Hey Patrick - I met to respond regarding your click but got distracted (not a
surprise). I had a similar experience while riding the STP (Seattle to
Portland) last year and the guy I happened to be riding alongside, he was on a
Riv, said that it often is a seat issue. Sure enough when I got home the next
morning, I tightened the seat clamp and the noise went away.
This has happened once since then and the same cure worked.
Regards
Dennis in PDX