Bill C. invited me and three of his friends on a Labor Day bike ride
from St. Paul to Prescott WI and back, stopping for lunch in
Prescott.  I ride my 1996 All-Rounder, Bill rode his Redwood (there's
the Riv content) and his friends rode a Surly LHT, a Trek 560 and a
Raleigh steel lugged single speed.  From my house it was a 70 mile
round trip.  We spent about 4 1/2 hours riding and 3 1/2 hours eating
lunch and waiting to get everybody gathered together after hills and
such.  The day was glorious weather-wise, one of those warm early-
autumn days when summer has not yet surrendered.

Lunch featured good sandwiches at the Boxcar Cafe in Prescott, washed
down with a selection of local brews (New Glarus Spotted Cow and Fat
Squirrel and Rush River Unforgiven Amber being evaluated along with
some others).  I don't know if home brewing is Riv content per se- it
seems to be in keeping with the general philosophy, anyway- but we
had a lively discussion courtesy of the home brewers in the bunch.

Anyway, it's tough to beat an all-day ride with a bunch of like-
minded folks!