Actually I passed the "what will happen if I do this" stage, at least for
the basic technologies I work on, long, long ago. Actually, more the blind
ignorance stage -- as when I failed to realize that you can't use a ~125 mm
bb spindle on those pretty CNC'd Grafton cranks (at least if you want your
chainline in the right county; it took a contemptuous bike mechanic to
point out the fault); or -- first full bike build, circa late 1970, -- when
I failed to realize that the wheel size had to be matched to the frame type
(the bike ended up with two different sized wheels, a freewheel, and no
brakes, but I rode it all over the countryside and city anyway). Or when I
grasped for the first time, installing a superlight Topline, the concept of
torque limits.

Patrick "the list goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on ....." Moore

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 10:31 AM, ascpgh <asc....@gmail.com> wrote:

> More erudite version of "hey, watch this."
>
> But seriously, we'd never leave our computers as we searched for the most
> perfect set up for our bikes. Getting up and trying things that seem
> logical and safe enough is what rides are good for if you've covered the
> basics. In the ned we all have to come to grips with our limitations of
> expertise and have a go at things. Just like life.
>
> Andy Cheatham
> Pittsburgh
>

> On Friday, May 2, 2014 8:47:13 AM UTC-4, Deacon Patrick wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 10:38:50 PM UTC-6, Patrick Moore wrote:
>>
>>> Don't worry, I know what I am doing.
>>>

>> Famous. Last. Words. Grin.
>>
>> I joke, will all seriousness. I'm more and more convinced that I've gone
>> 12 years without a concussion (a record in my life!) because I realized no
>> matter how much I think I know I really have no idea what I am doing, but
>> dive in with abandon anyway. Grin.
>>
>> With abandon,
>> Patrick
>>
>  --
> "internet-bob" group.
> email to internet-bob+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/internet-bob.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/internet-bob/3267a338-1b50-4eeb-b072-dd40470f4b06%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/internet-bob/3267a338-1b50-4eeb-b072-dd40470f4b06%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and letters that get interviews.
Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, Nouvelle Mexique, Etats Unis