For the Ram; half the motive is just the conceit of having an all or
more-or-less all Dura Ace drivetrain; the other is to get a bit more gap
between inside of right arm and middle of outer ring.

At any rate, I lucked into a very nice, 170 mm pair for $72 shipped
Priority. They arrived today. 2-3 small scratches on the drive side arm,
but overall very good.

What pretty cranks! I've seen the older, 740X model which is squarer in
form; it's nice. But damn if the 7410 isn't prettier, in my experience. And
so silvery and shiny! IMO, one of the prettiest cranks I've seen, and I've
seen plenty, with its spare, light shape and bright finish.

As usual, sometime listmember Ryan Watson has -- of course -- the requisite
103 mm Phil bearing assembly to swap for my 115.

Now my only remaining decision is between 8 speed DA shifters (for
indexing) or nice Silvers or similar for friction.

I've heard that the 8 speed Hyperglide indexes better than the 7 speed
stuff: is that true?

--
Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and letters that get interviews.
Other professional writing services.