The DA 103mm BB is a cartridge model. The spindles are so short that it is
unlikely that a cup and cone type would fit anyway.

I have one but I'm not sure I'm willing to sell as I know I will need it
shortly afterward...

In addition to the DA, which is hard to find, and Phil Wood, Tange and
Sugino make a 103mm JIS cartridge bb that are relatively easy to source.
The Sugino Messenger crank also takes a 103mm IIRC which makes finding
these a little easier than a few years ago. Shimano no longer makes them
that short.

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Patrick Moore <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just got a nice 7410 crankset that I thought I'd put on the Ram, which
> now has a nice 115 Phil with a Pro 5 Vis. Alas, I was until very recently
> unaware that while the 740Xs take a 113 the 7410 takes the 103.
>
> I bought the 115 Phil -- steel spindle and rings -- used but it's as
> smooth as any of my 3 others.
>
> Or, if anyone has a jenyouwine Dura Ace 7410 bb in the right size, let's
> talk.
>
> (Were these still cup 'n' cone, or were they cartridge?)
>
> (Or perhaps I should hoard the DA crank + the 8 speed derailleurs I
> recently bought, too, for a possible early '80s Bertin ....????) (Does
> anyone know about early '80s Bertins? This is about a 60/57, just my size,
> in Vitus Extra Leger or such, which originally came with SImplex SLJ
> derailleurs.)
>
> Thanks, Patrick
>
> --
> Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and letters that get interviews.
> By-the-hour resume and LinkedIn coaching.
> Other professional writing services.
> http://www.resumespecialties.com/
> Patrick Moore
> Albuquerque, Nouvelle Mexique, Etats Unis

> "internet-bob" group.
> email to internet-bob+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/internet-bob.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/internet-bob/CALuTfgs%3DN20UVc6ocQn3ZJg0gUDPqrp5-LTu0rpoedU4ur_Yfw%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/internet-bob/CALuTfgs%3DN20UVc6ocQn3ZJg0gUDPqrp5-LTu0rpoedU4ur_Yfw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Chris Cullum
Vancouver, BC