Shipping cost and time to deliver - I leave on a long ride next weekend,
and wanted the rack here to test and install. I checked a half-dozen U.S.
sites, and Calhoun was the first that had it in stock (the non-QR model).

Besides, I own two Rivendells... this is not an activity I pursue on the
cheap.

- Andrew, Berkeley