Congrats, Eric! I'll have to pick your brain on how to ss long distances.
My goal for this season is to do a 200+k dirt road/trail ride. My plan at
this point is to:

-- get the Quickbeam (I'll outfit it with 32t/40t front rings and on the
rear a 16t/19t Dos Eno and a 22t bail out on the flip side).
-- just start riding and see how far/long I go and work up from there.

Any and all advice and experience and wisdom welcome and appreciated.

With abandon,
Patrick