I admit that I am addicted to my helmet mirror as well. So much so, that
just a few days ago, I was pushing my shopping cart through the Costco
parking lot when I heard a car behind me. My first instinct was to glance
at my (non-existent) helmet mirror. Maybe I need to wear my helmet while
walking? Please help me! Is there a support group for mirror addiction?

I really like my helmet mirror. It is the type that attaches to eyeglasses,
but I like it much more attached to my helmet visor. I am so addicted to my
mirror that I am stuck wearing my helmet whenever I am riding near cars.
Off road, I prefer my Tilley Hat, but on road, I need the mirror. I know, I
know…how un-Rivendell of me! The mirror used to fall off until I lashed it
onto the visor (Rivendell handlebar style) using hemp twine that I bought
from Riv. Of course, all this was a futile attempt to assuage my guilt and
“Riv my helmet” so I could tell myself that I’m not really a geeky Fred.
But truth be told, I am a geeky Fred; and no amount of Rivendell hempen
twine is going to fix that.

Now I have a handlebar mount for my phone! Is there any hope for me? Can I
escape this gadget addiction?

Doug

*JimD*

I wear a helmet as insurance. Besides it's where I mount my mirror.

I'd ride without the helmet before I rode without the mirror but, as it is,
they are inextricably linked.

Maybe we can have a 'discussion' about the use of mirrors?

As to helmets and horses go watch the cross country portion of a 3 day
trials. Those folks wear helmets some of them still get killed.

-JimD

[image:
https://www.google.com/s2/photos/public/AIbEiAIAAABDCLSmj_6Ipu-PfSILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKDc3NDljN2Q3NzlmZDA2NTE3MTVmY2Q5NDg0NmQ1OGI0ZDg3NTRkYjkwAfhM2l7isKQIScZs3e0snfxB_y9T?authuser=0&sz=34]
 Ron
Mc

I'm with you Jim, I can't ride without my mirror