They are good.
A couple months back Evan from Merry Sales had this idea of creating a stem
mounted decaleur
Here's early drawing of it.

https://flic.kr/p/eWRaKs

Since getting the prototype Evan has taken it on some stupid stuff. Early
prototype Evan found out early that the attachment point was to thin.

https://flic.kr/p/kpyKvC

The last prototype is solid and continues to be solid despite the abused
Evan puts it through.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?w=41060758@N07&q=evan

I haven't used this but I would say it's a winner.

Hope this helps.
Manny