I've grounded a pedal on the fixed Quickbeam a couple of times, once
landing me in the street (funky turn across a speed bump), and more than
once a big hop of the rear wheel. I also broke the insides of a fairly rare
Fichtel & Sachs Automatic hub that way, and while I've replaced the broken
driving ring, I haven't really ridden it since. i have lower--profile
VP-001s on the Quickbeam now, and I try to remember "I can coast through
this!" on the geared bike. I did that just today, pressing down hard on the
outside pedal and leaning hard. I think taking the fun where it comes makes
it easier to remember which bike is which.

Philip
www.biketinker.com