While in SF, bring your bike onto a ferry from fisherman's wharf heading to
Angel's Island.  There's an easy 5-mile perimeter loop with amazing views
of the bay area provided it's a clear day.  If not a clear day, don't do
this trip as it's not worth it.  Bikes available for rent on the island
itself if your family wants to come along.  The perimeter loop has a few
climbs but is fun and gorgeous.