Tony:

Congrats on a great ride.  I'm a firm believer my Atlantis can do things I
shouldn't be doing anyway & so is the perfect bike for my needs.  Sounds
like yours is close to standard Riv spec & you enjoyed the ride & didn't
suffer for lack of equipment.  Good to hear confirmation that lower
pressure chubby tires can survive sharp gravel.  I love 40mm tires but
haven't tried below 50 psi.  The 35f/40r suggestion is worth a try.

dougP