I feel like I'm getting better at the Garage sales the more I go to.  I
think I've been to pretty much every one they've had.  This year, I didn't
start out in the cheap stuff, but went straight for the far end of the
lot.  I briefly considered selling all of my other bicycles (and probably
some other stuff as well) to buy the light blue 62cm long-stayed HunqaProto
recently featured on the Blug, which was sitting there listed for $2200,
but decided not to, also decided that a 47cm Hilsen frame would be too
small for my wife, and then got down to what I really was after:

-Best score of the day was a Nitto Big Rear rack for my LHT, at $120. It
turns out it was one of the prototypes for the new version with lowered
pannier rails etc.  A Riv employee I didn't recognize informed me that Mark
had helped him mount it on the front of his bike, so it lacked the rear
mounting hardware; I think I have some extra struts lying around, just need
to get some eyebolts.
-Got a pair of Black-and-Silver Paul Canti levers, pretty much new looking,
for $60.  A brake lever I've always admired but never justified since
cheapies work so well.  Excited to have my second ever Paul component
(first is a Gino light mount), not sure which bike they'll go on yet.
-Also got a pair of the Silver-branded hubs for $30.  I take some credit
for revealing their existence to the garage sale throng, as when I found
them they were hiding in the bottom of a box under a pile of cheap, 130mm
bcd, right side only, Sun Race crankarms.  They seem like good quality
Taiwanese(?) cartridge bearing cassette hubs, similar to the
Velocity-branded ones, but with a milled NDS flange on the rear hub.  I'm
guessing it's a product they considered offering (I know Grant had larger
plans for the "Silver" brand at one point) but decided not to.  I asked
Miesha if she knew what spacing they were, she went off and asked somebody
else, and came back with an answer of "probably 135mm," which was good
enough for me.  Haven't measured them to confirm.  Don't have super
specific plans for them yet, but I'll find some.

After that I had pretty much what I was looking for, and spent the rest of
the time advising friends on their purchases and chatting around with
Roger, Dan, Jim M., Dave, Jared, Joe, and Vince.  My friend Thomas scored a
complete Noodle/lugged stem/Shimano brake levers/Silver barend setup for
his San Marcos, as well as a spare set of narrower Noodles, perhaps for his
fixed gear.