Yes, I noticed that just after I sent my last email on this topic that I
got an email from Velocity's customer service department.  They are
proposing that I send them the wheel and they will rebuild it with an Atlas
rim.  I'm happy with this proposal.  Bit of a heavy rim but probably
appropriate considering my weight and my usage profile.  It's also polished
and sure looks super shiny.  I like shiny bits on my bike.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 5:51 AM, Steve Palincsar <palin...@his.com> wrote:

> On 06/09/2014 11:50 PM, Nanga Parbat wrote:
>
>> That is scary. I just ordered a set of synergy rims for a new build. I
>> would suggest advising the wheel builder and then contacting Velocity.
>> I think Velocity would want to clear up your case quickly, especially
>> being your second OC rim. Good customer service would only benefit Velocity
>> and this group should be on their radar.
>>

> Velocity's customer service on this issue in the past has been outstanding.

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!