I don't think that this is a "Michael" problem.  I have several Brooks
saddles, the two black ones have worn unevenly.  Interestingly, one sags
more on the left and the other more on the right.  Brown saddles from
approximately same era (and more saddle time) have not worn the same.  I
have unscientifically attributed it to the dye and will not be purchasing
any more black saddles.  I have aspirations and my eye on a Brooks Select
in hopes that it will wear longer.