Sad to say, as much as I love cheese, I have very limited experience with
the really good stuff.  One of the higher-end local grocers was giving out
samples and I tried a bit and it was heavenly.  I don't know where it fell
in the overall scheme of quality cheese but I know it was about $20 for a
wedge that was maybe 1/2" thick and the spine.