Oh really? That is not cool. I've heard of more than a few brooks saddle
rails snapping from that. Not to mention the fact that it acts like a bit
of a spring. I love this support. It is rock solid and doesn't put undo
stress on the saddle rails. I could strap a pile of firewood to this thing
(aka I have) and not worry about it.