Generally, I've found that anything over 95mm needs a long-pull lever. My
rule of thumb is that brakes up to 85mm work OK with modern (integrated)
brake levers, but you need a little more cable-pull for 90mm arms (the
more-recent Shimano levers work well). Since I don't like the hood shape on
the Tektro RL520 levers, I generally go to upright bars/levers if I need
that much cable-pull.