I'm with you, Chris... I too enjoy a nice, leisurely dismount, including
unhurriedly unpacking whatever I need from my saddlebag.  Having said that,
I really love my Carradice Super C, mainly for its heavy-dutiness, but also
I appreciate the fastex buckles for their ease of use.  I also have a
Zimbale bag or two, which has buckles and quick-release straps... I love
the buckle look, but appreciate the ease of use... I just unfasten it
slowly.

As for handlebar bags, I'm still adapting... I have a VO Campagne bag
and have been fumbling with its flimsiness on a front rack (I DON'T use a
decaleur, which is part of the challenge)... I will be testing out a
new bag rack (that fits on the canti posts, and seems to be half rack, half
decaleur).  Will also install some additional stiffeners inside the bag.

Peace,BB

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-B5Rwt1tbeUc/U6WeURy_1fI/AAAAAAAAEp8/RpBeKyQO83w/s1600/%24%28KGrHqN%2C%21qkFDkQhHZgbBQ7OJJ1JIQ%7E%7E60_12.jpg>