On Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:02:09 AM UTC-5, Jim Bronson wrote:

> The VO Rando bars are a completely different type of bar than the Noodle.
> I bought a pair of the VO and hated them because I thought they were way
> too narrow on top for me.  For them to work for me they would need to be 46
> or 48cm wide where the levers mount and maybe 52 or 54 at the drops.  But
> the VO I bought seem to be 48 where the barcons mount and that is just way
> too narrow on the hoods for my (skeletal) frame.

Jim,

I saw a pair of Nitto rando bars on an old Trek the other day, and I'd say
the VO bars are almost a different kind of bar than the Nitto, too. As you
say, the tops are narrow—a centimeter or so narrower than Grand Bois, if my
take on the measurements is correct—and the ramps and reach are extra long.
The flare is wider, too. The flare and the long drop extensions I like; the
reach, not as much as I get older.

> I think Nitto makes some sort of "Rando" bar also, not sure what the model
> number is though.

I believe—though Patrick  (de Nouvelle Mexique, pas le diacre) will know
better—that the Nitto rando bar is the B 135.

--
Bob