On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 6:38:34 AM UTC-5, Michael Hechmer wrote:

> Tell us more about the size of a "medium" saddle bag; I never trust
> adjectives.
> Michael

The medium is:
Dimensions: 12" length unrolled, about 9" length when closed
3" height
2-1/2" tapered to 4-1/2" width

These are wedges and not a typical saddlebag. They are smaller than what I
would consider a "saddlebag". Semantics I suppose.
I have made a smaller wedge, which fits less, and larger ones which fit
more, which is what Patrick was referring to.
As Ron has said, the medium is similar to the Acorn tubular bag that they
stopped making.
The medium fits more than just a spare tube and tools, which is why I
called it medium I suppose. It's best for a bike for day rides where the
"riding" is the emphasis, and you're not needing to carry a rando load or
camping equipment. My Redwood fits this category. Add a small handlebar bag
(like this guy:
http://treetop.bigcartel.com/product/rolltop-handlebar-bag-gray-waxed-canvas-ready-to-ship)

and I can commute and carry a light rando load.
As I'm just starting out at this, I'm still working on new designs, but
will continue to make and offer designs that I know work well. That being
said, rolltop designs really help and allow bags to be overstuffed, if
packed correctly.
Thanks to all for the kind words on & off list.
David
Chicago