The Kool Stop Dura Cartridge holders (for caliper brakes) when new are
completely self-aligning - they come from the package with a concave shape
that automatically aligns toe and flatness (if you follow the directions).
 It's because of the nifty spherical washer and ball socket which Grant
even bows to in his Yokozuna catalog listing.  These have never made a
squeak for me once broken in added a whole new dimension in stopping power.