Those suggestions already listed are good. Tunnel Road is certainly a favorite.
One route listed above have you going down on Pinehurst but that's a road you
should climb up. A popular loop starts you in Berkeley and then through Moraga
before coming back on Pinehurst.

I will be happy to do a short ride with you on Thursday or Friday of that
week--i am in Berkeley also.

Unfortunately, my bikes are just a tad too big. My wife's (56cm) might fit, but
I have to check with her first.

Contact me off list if you want more info on rides, or need tools to
assemble/adjust your bike once you get it here.

Franklyn
Berkeley, ca