Don't have the knickers but I wear the Musa shorts and I've got a pair
of the Ex Officio pants that I'm pretty sure are the amphi's and are
definitely the super flyweight nylon.

The Musa's are lightweight but I wouldn't call it flyweight and the
fabric is just a hair / smidgen stiffer than the Ex Officio's. Not
stiff at all, but only in comparison. The Musa material has that
slightly shiny nylon effect.

My shorts also tend to come down in the back unless cinched up tight
and pulled up when saddling up. Even then they come down in the back a
bit. Still, I really like them. I wear a cutoff pair of Jonesware wool
padded shorts underneath and that's a real comfy combo even for long
rides. Off the bike, I wear the Musa's almost every day.

Belt is fine for my use. Never thought about it much so it must be
working properly. I don't think it's removable.

Hope that helps some.

Clif
http://hardmenwithsoftbellies.wordpress.com/