I promised I would report on the Ostrich F516 bag when it arrived.  It was
back-ordered, since I wanted a black one, but it came today, and it's all
that I hoped for.   Photos to be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/am-s/sets/72157647147980622/

The fabric is black nylon, lined with gray.  It's well-made, narrower than
the bag I've been using, but slightly taller.  It just needs to have a
decaleur and a tombstone strap added.  It comes with provisions for
securing the bottom to a rack. Opens toward the rider (the lid is secured
with Velcro) and has a couple of smaller front compartments and a very
generous map compartment that is sealed at the sides and can be closed at
the back with Velcro.

The total cost, with shipping from Japan, was just over $70, and it feels
to me like a very good value.  Of course, whether it *was *will depend on
modifications I need to make and the sort of use the bag gets, but at the
moment I'm very pleased with my purchase.  It's much better built than bags
for which I've paid more in the past.