I found most of my bottom bracket noises weren't bottom bracket noises at
all, they were crank arm to bottom bracket noises.  I eliminated them by
making my standard practice to always torque to 35 ft/lbs using a click
type torque wrench.  I haven't had any problems with noise from the bottom
bracket area since then.

If you're wondering where I got that spec from, Sugino's suggested torque
spec is 50 newton-meters for their square taper cranks which translates
roughly to 35ft/lbs.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:04 AM, 'Tex69' via RBW Owners Bunch <
rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> My LBS is having a problem dealing with a nasty creak in the BB area of my
> (silver) QB. They don't seem to know what BB would be best, whether to use
> ISO or JIS, or whether the crank (standard Sugino crank that shippped with
> the QBS) is the issue. The most recent is that the BB installs fine and
> that the crank arm might be rounded off and not setting.
>
> Any QB BB wisdom would be appreciated. My QB is a low-mileage sunny-day
> machine that has 2000 miles or less. IMHO, it should have a trashed/rounded
> crank unless it was mis-installed in some capacity. I ride and rarely
> wrench, at least on BBs and cranks.
>
> thanks
>
> Tim S
> Louisville KY

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!