Eh, that's the situation I have with my Riv Custom now.  I put some
175s back on there with the 6503 44/28 conversion and I'm scraping in
many places where I got by with 170s before, on my favorite paved
trail near my house.  Running thin gripsters with kneesavers.

I feel more efficient with the 175s, that's the rub.  I ran 180s
before the conversion.  I feel like I'm going faster and more easily
with the same effort.  Hey, it planes more easily, what can I say ;)

Maybe the 3mm difference in BB drop would be enough to make a
difference in clearance with 175s, I assume my older custom has 80 but
I've never bothered to measure.

I would be ok with 700c but I want at least 38mm with fenders.

I would like to own this Redwood but I'm not thinking there's enough
differentiation between it and what I already have.  Well I'll mull it
over, maybe someone else will beat me to the punch anyway.  It's
certainly a great deal.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM, David Banzer <daban...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe they are, I can check my 65cm Redwood. FWIW, mine fits true 35mm
> wide tires at 700c.
> BB drop is 77mm I believe, not ideal for a conversion but do-able with 170mm
> cranks, thin pedals, and minding pedaling around corners.
> David
> Chicago

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!