Today, most racing doubles have a Q factor of 146-148 mm. Campagnolo is
very consistent at 146, others vary a bit. Road triples usually are about
10 mm wider.

For example, our Rene Herse doubles have a Q factor of 142 mm when set up
with a 43.5 mm chainline. (I run mine with a narrower chainline, since I
usually ride on the – relatively small – big ring, so I get a Q of 139 mm).
The R. Herse triple is designed for a 44 mm chainline, and you get a Q
factor of 153 mm. If your bike requires a wider chainline because the
chainstays aren't optimally designed, then you obviously get a wider Q (and
not-quite-optimal shifting).

Jan Heine
Compass Bicycles Ltd.
Seattle WA USA