The green and the bricolage together make a case for Riv
aesthetic=frankenbike.
I think your Homer looks fantastic. Meanwhile, it was striking enough that
a stranger felt the need to comment, in what I'd see as an unsophisticated,
but sincerely engaged way, which is generally well-intentioned.
I've been riding my bike across campus in my return to grad school and a
stout, athletic guy marched up to me in a manner half-menacing. He reached
out and swatted at my bars (Albas with cork grips, cloth tape that my
daughter has painted, twine, etc.). Then he said, "Sweet bars, dude. You
didn't get those around here, huh?"