@Aakash:
I have been using the Carradice Pendle Saddlebag, but it is so big it drags
on the rear wheels of my bikes unless I use a fender. Then it sits on the
fender. I don't want to put racks on the bike.
The next bag size down by Carradice is the Zipped Roll. But I think I need
something a little bigger. I don't tour or anything, and a Pendle sized bag
is enough for me.
So I thought I would try a front bag and see how I like it.
I think the only rack I would ever want to put on my bikes is a front rack,
but only if I had to for larger bag reasons or to mount a dynamo powered
light.

@ MKahri: Thanks for the info and tips # 3 and 6. Very clever!