I put the Barlow's on when they came out and rode it for a few weeks.  I
had VO Zeppelins and there were two issues.  Lots of toe overlap, and it
felt "big" to me.  In a ponderous way, I guess.  It was much less nice than
the Cypres tires I was used to, and the overlap was annoying so it killed
it for me.  I sold 'em.  Pics: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjV5G7RQ

Tim - good info on the conversion - I appreciate the detailed response!  I
have heard that it can be rough, and when it comes to brakes, I don't want
to go to a less than good situation.

As for the 38s being like the 42s.  Nope - I can really feel the
difference.  Don't know if its the smaller wheels - I also love the 26"
compass tires - fast and plush - also 40+mm.

Bill - I'll be chatting with you shortly...

Brian