I actually really like this rack. It's stiffer than a Mark's rack, but
still has an adjustable strut to the fork crown. The strut is
well-designed, to avoid interference with the fork crown race. And it's the
ideal rack for a bike with 38mm 700 C tires (i.e. Barlow Pass, Ocean
Air/Soma C-line, etc.), because, as David said, it can sit higher. But I
also don't see why one couldn't bent the legs quite easily to make it sit
lower, if one wanted. I also have the VO and Nitto racks on other bikes,
and I can't say I have ever noticed the difference in quality once the
racks were mounted and in use. In short, David's probably right about it
not looking as good, but it works quite well, in the right context -- and
in some contexts, it's might be the  *only* mid-fork braze on/P-clamp rack
which will work. (less clearance between tire/fork crown)

Art
Tacoma