I've always been lucky with chainlines. "Oh, cool, that worked." Or else I just
don't get into it unles I have a problem, and haven't had any problems. I'm
still on the QB's original BB.

I've also happily run fixed for years and years without lockrings, but I may
have been lucky there, too. I use the Chaingang Rotafixa method of binding the
chain on the bottom bracket shell and using the back wheel as a lever to mount
the cog or crack it loose.

I just started riding the Quickbeam with a freewheel, which is fun, and
different. I've had to resist the temptation to flip back to fixed, though,
since I want to really give it a good try. I would like a WI double FW, but so
far the 17t is working fine.
36/44 x 17 freewheel
36/44 x 17/21 fixed.

Philip