Answering Eric's question, I was confused until Grant's recent post. Grant's
message clarifies which two bikes are on the horizon. The source of the
confusion had been as follows and this repeats what Joe B just said with a bit
of background added:

Appaloosa was a name for a bike that Riv made in limited quantities. Recent
Blug post said they are transferring that name to a bike coming soon. If I
thought that Clem Smith was the ONLY bike coming soon, then I get a bit
confused. (I'm just speaking for myself there regarding confusion.)

But now I know that TWO bikes are on the horizon so the Appaloosa name is being
transferred to the upcoming bike that is not the Clem.

So to the point of Eric's question, how are the two upcoming bikes different:

> But wasn't the Clem name used for the long chainstay, canti braked, partially
> TIG'd bike?

Yes. That is the Clem. It will also be a budget model. But keep in mind: many
Rivs are long chainstay these days.

The upcoming bike that is not the Clem and will be getting the Appaloosa name:
will not be a budget bike and will not be partially TIG'd (my speculation). It
will be long, it will be canti-braked, it will have excellent clearance, and it
will have similarities to Sam Hillborne.

-Jim W.