Made me check my local-ish LBS and on-line retailer:
http://www.jensonusa.com/Bicycle-Rims?pg=100&o=10880&s=b

Seems to be a pretty good supply, although I think they should carry
more from Velocity.

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM, George Schick <bhim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Huh! Interesting.  Well, actually I was looking at well known national
> online retailers like Performance, Nashbar, and Harris Bike; and a popular
> regional mail order-only outfit called Lickbike.  But your Universal certain
> beats their trend.  Be interesting to see if their stock continues or
> follows the others.
>

> On Saturday, November 22, 2014 10:12:37 PM UTC-6, joe b. wrote:
>>
>> Nah, you must be looking in weird places. The road rim market is booming,
>> and even better the wide rim revolution is taking over! Depending on who you
>> ask, these new fangled v-shaped profiles may even be an improvement, too
>> (stronger for less weight). Here are over 80 at a shop local to me, though
>> granted a handful may be 29er or disc- specific:
>> http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/index.php?category=856
>>
>> Best,
>> joe broach
>> portland, or
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 6:25 PM, George Schick <bhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Having begun Winter off-time maintenance on my bikes I noticed enough rim
>>> wear on the road bike to encourage me to snoop around on the Web to see
>>> what's available nowadays.  One online retailer that used to carry several
>>> dozen brands/models of road rims is now listing only four.  Another has far
>>> more limited offerings than it used to.  And a well-known national
>>> chain/online retailer lists NO rims at all, just a pre-build wheel, and only
>>> one selection of those.  I'm not sure if this has any significance or not,
>>> but it sure looks like something is causing some belt tightening in the
>>> retail industry.  Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> --

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal