1950's or 60's La Fuma hiking pack.  The Baggins resemblance is lovely.

This thing rides perfectly on a porteur rack or will sit right down, shop
sack style, in the "huge" Wald basket on my Atlantis.  Messenger bag-like
in the sense that it expands immensely, ideal for transporting large or
awkward objects.  Yet, due to it's mostly canvas and leather construction,
will fold up nice and small if it's capacity isn't being pushed.  Perfect
for rides to the laundromat or grocery, and ideal for train or airplane
travel.  I've used it as-is, lashed to a rear rack on tours as a daypack
for off-bike excursions.  I had envisioned possibly making some
modifications, removing the external frame (it's easy to remove and/or put
back in place) and make a saddlebag out of the thing but didn't have the
time (or heart).

I've included a few pictures of the bag in the Wald, and a few other
pictures of the side and front pockets filled with water bottles in order
to give an idea of it's size.  You'll also see a tape measure in at least
one photo.  (No images attached because the of size issues)  I've only seen
others like it on sale via Etsy pages hailing from France, (and all over
$125 US) therefore I know not much more of this handsome bag.

$85 plus shipping.  Let me know if you have any other questions.
Link to CL posting with all the photos:
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/spo/4789261024.html