Definitely cheaper than a new bike... I think I spend more time
fiddling with bike setups than riding!!!

I run cables behind racks/baskets.

For brake cables, I tend to run them more at around a 10 or 11 o'clock
position under the tape. That makes a nice little shelf for hands, and
puts them in line with interruptor levers (you absolutely have to try
those IMHO).

I've butted an extra cm or so of cable onto a too-short cable and it
worked find. YMMV of course, and Steve's in-line adjuster barrel was a
real good idea as well.

Have fun!

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Minh <mgiangs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> this is one of those things that's easier to see then to describe.  i'd
> suggest you troll the flickr groups and look at how others have done this,
> there are a few different options that work.
>

> On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:57:01 AM UTC-5, Edwin W wrote:
>>
>> Yes, Steve, I am learning, one job at a time.
>>
>> Edwin

>>> In-line adjuster?
>>>
>>> Best way to lengthen a cut-too-short cable is a new cable and learn from
>>> your mistake.

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal