On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:09:21 AM UTC+1, lungimsam wrote:

> If I love friction  bar end shifting, will I find friction DT shifting
> just as easy and enjoyable?
>
> Never done it before, and seems like the reach may make it more difficult
> and looks like there's a big potential for knees banging into forearms
> while pedalling and reaching down to shift  at same time.
>
> What's your experience been with DT shifting?

I like both bar-end and DT shifters and have bikes with both systems. No
problems switching between bikes with different types. I'm 6'2" and have
bikes between 63-66 cm, and there's no issues reaching down to DT shifters
on these bikes, not with drop bars at least. With bikes I'm sitting upright
on, I only use MTB shifters or stem-mounted shifters.

What I appreciate with DT shifters is their simplicity. They work for all
road use. Bar-end shifters are better when you don't want to let go off the
handlebar, if you ride slippery gravel roads or off-road - trails, single
track etc.

Johan Larsson,
Sweden