I got pretty consistent results, back when I didn't default to Cyclemeter
as I do now, by simply measuring the diameter of my wheels and setting the
devices accordingly. The results were consistent not only between bikes
with different sized wheels and different computers, but with car odometers.

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Joan Oppel <oppel...@verizon.net> wrote:

> For all my various tire sizes, I've used the roll-out method.  I put a
> piece of tape on the floor of a hallway or basement floor (not carpeted),
> make sure the  tires are inflated to usual ride pressure, put the valve
> stem at bottom even with edge of tape, lean hard on the handlebars to
> simulate riding position, roll out one revolution of wheel in a straight
> line so valve stem returns to bottom, put second piece of tape next to stem
> (helps to have the second piece of tape with me!).  Then use metric tape
> measure to get distance.  Then I do it again to check myself.  Enter in the
> cyclometer.
>
> I get accurate mileage within a few tenths no matter the distance.
> My 0.2 tenths of advice,
> Joan
>

> On 12/20/14, lungimsamcom> wrote:
>
> Which method is more accurate for getting more accurate cyclecomputer
> data? I am mostly interested in the miles ridden being accurate, if that is
> even possible on a cyclecomputer. I don't know how accurate these things
> are. My cycling app shows very different speed reads than my cycle computer.
> Also, which is more accurate? An iPhone cyclecomputer app, or an
> actual cycle computer? I am guessing the app is using GPS, but I have heard
> that GPS isn't so accurate either.
>
> *Rivcontent:*
>
> 1.Only one 650b size is available on cyclecomputers I have, so unless I
> have 37mm tires, I can't get an accurate read using that.
> 2. I find it difficult to accurately measure from ground to hub axle
> center accurately. Is that tire *really* standing vertical?
> 3. Roll out may be easier better?
>
> Lastly, if I have been using the one and only 650b x 37mm default wheel
> size setting on my cycle computer with my 42mm wide tires, I am guessing
> that the distances are being represented as shorter and the speeds shown
> as slower since the bigger actual tire is taking longer to make one
> revolution than the computer is expecting for the wheel size setting of
> 650b x 37mm?

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. *Aristotle

*The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. *Dante