On Oct 14, 7:34 am, Larry Powers <lapower...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> They always seemed to me to be to bikes what spinners are to cars.  I never
> saw how they fit in with the Rivendell philosophy of classic bikes.

You must have missed the RR that explained Grant's reasoning for
selling these tires. Apparently, he came out with and patented the
speedblend design. His original goal was to sell the design to a large
tire companies for use on car tires. If that was the case, he could
have, would have, maybe even should have made his millions. :)

So, the speedblend tire was developed in an effort to get out the
design in the hope that a car tire mfr might see it and want to
license the patent. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have ever
caught on. Too bad, Grant could have used the money to further Riv and
the products he wants to developed. Good Luck!