That's the way it goes with inadequate footwear. And lets face it, at those
temps nearly everything is inadequate. But do not ever let your fingers or
toes get to the point you think they are warm again, despite conditions
being the same. That's the very edge of frostbite.

I've wanted a face mask that covers my nose. I'm fine when climbing, but in
a headwind or on the downhills, flesh will freeze off very fast.

With abandon,
Patrick