Another resource that can help ID a stolen bike is the bike-porn site <a
href="http://velospace.org/";>velospace</a>. There's a field in the bike
listings which allows you to post your serial number (in addition to
photos, component lists and notes). Since the serial number is only visible
to the user who posted the bike in the first place, it's a way of
documenting your connection to the bike itself, since you have to log into
the creating account to see the number. It's much like sticking a card with
your driver's license number into the seat tube.

Peter Adler
Berkeley, CA/USA