No, you're not dense at all.  I think my friend is an example of the
placebo effect.  Claims nearly immediate results from poring a packet of
salt under the tongue.  I've never tried it but it works for her.  I agree
on the bananas, strawberries, etc.  Ignoring all the arguments about carbs,
a banana strawberry smoothie is a heck of a lot more palatable than a salt
packet.

Probably shouldn't have mentioned the idea of pure salt but the point is
that people's reactions are highly variable, and each of us needs to try
different things until we find what works.  Sort of like tires & saddles.
You'll likely wind up with a collection of partially used supplement
products before you find what's most effective for you.

dougP