On Oct 16, 9:59 am, mizrachi <mizrachi1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've applied a few coats of Bullseye amber shellac over yellow
> Tressostar cloth tape but the look is considerably darker than my
> almost brand new honey Brooks b17.

I did a cosmetic re-do on my '99 Longlow earlier this summer to
celebrate its tenth birthday, complete with upgrades to metal fenders,
shellacked cork grips and a new Brooks Flyer in Honey. That was in
June. In mid-October, my saddle has begun to take on a beautiful fade-
to-dark honey in the contact areas, and is slowly starting to "match"
the shellacked cork grips in a gradual, lovely way.

Trust me. Your saddle will darken with use. In the meantime, I bet the
shellacked tape looks beautiful. --Beth