Hi Chris,
If you can rig it up, try the seat bag on the handlebar to test it out.

My experience is that some bikes do great with front weight, some don't. I
have a CC, Hunqapillar, and AHH. The CC doesn't handle well with front
weight. The Hunqapillar is great with Wald+HUB+HAR. I have an acorn hbar
bag on the AHH, but it's not loaded up.

Good luck!
shoji