i echo everyone's statement about not getting too worried about it.  i've
had an issue in the past where i had a frame and bb-cup that just didn't
agree (other bb-cups worked fine, and other frames worked fine with that
particular bb-cup).  in the end i just bought a new bb-cup so i could
re-use that bb.

for me at least, i tend not to wear out bbs and replace them that often, so
this is possibly a problem to be dealt with many years in the future if at
all.   so don't think about it too much, and don't go messing around with
it out of curiosity, if it's working and all buttoned up, just leave it
alone!