Wow.  That’s great news.

From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve Palincsar
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2015 1:55 PM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: Bikes and Recovering from shoulder surgery

On 02/21/2015 01:33 PM, Allingham II, Thomas J wrote:
How’s the recovery progressing, Steve?  Are you thinking March 1 will be doable?

Doable without a doubt - there have been 3 nice days between the end of January
and now where I took the porteur out for a short jaunt, 0.5 mi the first time,
then 3-4 miles on subsequent trips.  The only question is what sort of
distances will I be able to do.  I've been riding the MAP on a trainer stand in
the basement, and recumbent exercise bikes at the fitness center, and also
using the machines there; so it's not like it will have been 3 months of total
idleness.  However, there's still a strength deficit on the leg with the
replacement, and it's hard to get the sort of cardio workout on a recumbent
exercise bike that you'd get on a serious hill riding on the road.

I'm leading a Pi Day ride on 3/14 (leaving at 9:26 am) for a distance of 31.4
miles -- and I encourage you all to do so as well, since after all this will be
your last chance for seven digit Pi goodness in one hundred years (next year
you'll only be able to do Pi to 4 digits) and honestly, there are very few days
with such great numerological potential left this century -- so I'd damned well
better be good for at least that much!

This email (and any attachments thereto) is intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email (and any attachments thereto) is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
email in error please immediately notify me at (212) 735-3000 and permanently
delete the original email (and any copy of any email) and any printout thereof.

Further information about the firm, a list of the Partners and their
professional qualifications will be provided upon request.