All my 3 Riv customs have had 73 degree seat tubes, and I have no problems
with clipless pedals. My bars are about 2" below the saddle, but on my
Monocog 29er, where they are about 1/2" above the saddle (all drops), no
problem with clipless either.
FWIW, my saddles have migrated back almost a full inch since I got my first
custom in 1995, and clipless was never a problem. I went from a 120 rpm
spinning style to a sub 90 mashing style (fixed riding did that for me) and
clipless posed no problem

I don't think it is  the geometry

--
Patrick Moore